After Thursday, the weekend was basically here (other than the 4 lectures we had Friday morning). Tyler arrived Thursday afternoon, and we went out for pizza and rented a movie. We're such a cool couple! (He and I both agree to that statement even if other people don't) :P It was definitely amazing to be able to spend time with Tyler. Usually when we see each other, I'm frantically studying for yet another test. This time, he came right after the test. It was glorious!
Friday, we had DCOM Spring Gala. Yes, I had quite a few freakout moments before Gala (such as I hate formals, I can't do anything with my hair, why am I going to this, what is the point)...you know, usual tomboy freakout moments. Poor Tyler had to deal with me acting crazy. I am so glad he is patient with me :)
Once we got to Gala, got dressed, my hair was done (Thank you, Denielle!!), make-up on, jewelry on (yeah, I don't do this dress-up thing often), things got a little better. Dinner was great! Seeing everyone dressed up was really nice.
But the best thing about the whole night was getting to spend it with my friends . . .
My friends mean the world to me. Really. Without my friends, I would not have made it through these past few months. They are the ones who keep me going. Some of them in particular are always reminding me of how faithful God is and that He is always on my side. It's the little things that mean the most . . . an email, text, or a hug sometimes mean more than words can say.
I know my friends already know how much I love them, but they deserve to be reminded every day how much they mean to me. I went through a few years of life with few friends. Now I have the greatest friends anyone could ask for!
Just a few pictures from Gala . . .
The adorable Sara & Phil. Love them!
Kayce, Jeremy, me, Tyler
The gorgeous Sara
And the gorgeous Megan
Me with the girls of Georgetown College. Denielle, Megan, and Sara all went to undergrad together, but I feel like I've been part of their lives for years even though I'm the new girl.
Tyler always wins something everywhere he goes. This time was no different :)
It's not every day that Tyler and I get to go out like this. I definitely enjoyed having him here for a few days. He left 6.5 hours ago, and I already miss him.
Omair and I representing the state of NC!!
We were missing Phil & Sara, but we got the other 2 couples together. Love you, Megan & Jordan!
There are so many other memories made this weekend. Just getting to spend 3 days with Tyler made it memorable. Yes, it's sappy but true. We've known each other for almost 6 years now and have been dating for less than a year of it . . . but I certainly couldn't imagine life without him. He knows me better than anybody else, and we keep learning more about each other. Our relationship is like none other I've seen, and I mean that in a good way! I'm definitely looking forward to all the amazing memories we are going to make together :)
Well, tomorrow we have Part 2 of Thursday's test. Apparently 6 questions were left off of the test, so we have to answer those after 4 hours of lecture tomorrow morning. That's just the beginning of a long Monday, so I should get some sleep.
I know for a fact that I will be thanking God for my amazing friends tonight. Life truly wouldn't be the same without them.
God has blessed me beyond measure. Lord, I can never thank you enough for all you do for me.

No comments:
Post a Comment