“Come to Me with all your weaknesses: physical, emotional,
and spiritual. Rest in the comfort of My
Presence, remembering that nothing is
impossible with Me. Pry your mind away from your problems so you can focus
your attention on Me. Recall that I am able to do immeasurably more than all you
ask or imagine. Instead of trying to direct Me to do this and that, seek to
attune yourself to what I am already
doing. When anxiety attempts to wedge
its way into your thoughts, remind yourself that I and your Shepherd. The
bottom line is that I am taking care of you; therefore, you needn’t be afraid of
anything. Rather than trying to maintain
control over your life, abandon yourself to My will. Though this may feel frightening – even dangerous,
the safest place to be is in My will.”
- Excerpt from Jesus Calling
“And I am convinced and
sure of this very thing, that He Who began a good work in you will continue
until the day of Jesus Christ [right up to the time of His return], developing
[that good work] and perfecting and bringing it to full completion in
you.”
- Philippians 1:6 (AMP)
“For no word from God will ever fail.”
- Luke 1:37 (TNIV)
One year ago
yesterday, I found out that I had failed two exams in medical school on the
same day. I was quite seriously ready to
quit because of the toll that school was taking on me mentally, emotionally,
spiritually, and sometimes even physically.
I was tired of being tired and feeling like a failure. It wasn’t worth it to me to constantly stress
myself out and not have the results that I wanted. I thought getting through medical school was
nearly impossible.
That same
night in the midst of tears, someone reminded me of Philippians 1:6. God is the one who began this work in
me. He is the One who called me to medicine
as ministry. He will bring me through
and complete what He started.
That same
person also reminded that Plan B is not an option (some of you from WPHC may
remember discussing this in Sunday School).
Plan B would be settling for less than what God has planned for my life. Plan B would mean not choosing to follow Him
fully and, therefore, not walking forward into God’s calling. By choosing Plan B, I would be missing out on
some amazing blessings waiting for me.
After that
conversation, I chose to keep pursuing Plan A for my life. I’m not saying that everything was a piece of
cake after that, but my perspective did start changing. Focusing more on God allowed me to see and
hear more clearly from Him. It is a
process, but it does get easier to lean on Him instead of myself. Yes, I still lose focus sometimes and stress
out much more than necessary, but through it all, I know that God is with
me. He has proven Himself time and time
again and will continue to do so. He is always faithful, present, and perfect. He has also blessed me with an amazing
mother, incredible boyfriend, and priceless friends who endlessly encourage me. I am forever thankful for them.
It is exam
weekend yet again. Both the first-year
and second-year classes have block exams on Monday. To all of the students: take your stress,
your problems, everything to God. Let
Him overflow you with His Peace. Let Him
take control. He will bring you through. Don’t allow the fear or anxiety take over
you.
His strength
is made perfect in your weakness (2 Corinthians 12:9).
Remember, nothing
is impossible with God.
No comments:
Post a Comment