It was easy
for me to become discouraged today. A
long list of things to do was in front of me, and only one of them was crossed
off by tonight. It really is hard to get
stuff done while tired.
I was
writing this knowing without a doubt that it wasn’t going to be
Scripturally-relevant, but I was proven wrong once again. As I was typing, Isaiah 40:30-31 came to me:
”Even youths grow tired and weary, and young men stumble and
fall; but those who hope in the Lord will renew their strength. They will soar on wings like eagles; they
will run and not grow weary, they will walk and not be faint.”
When I put
my hope and trust in the Lord, He will renew my strength. Giving into the demands of the day and days
past are what weighs me down. I’m
learning to turn to God in times like this for strength. Like I’ve said before, it’s a process to
learn to lean on Him and not on myself.
I am so thankful that He is always with me though, even when I fail to acknowledge
Him and let Him handle everything.
With this
realization, tomorrow will be a lighter day. J
As for now, rest sounds like a fantastic idea.
No comments:
Post a Comment