[Yes, pun
intended. It’s March 1.]
If I haven’t
emphasized this enough, here it is again.
Jesus Calling is probably the
absolute best devotional I have ever
read. Sarah Young really has a keen ear
to hear what the Lord is saying, and the encouragement is nearly always what I
need. Reading what the Lord revealed to
Sarah helps me discern what it is that He is speaking to me. Many times, I will have heard the same from
Him before I read it in Jesus Calling. Sarah Young has several other devotionals
that I have not had the chance to read yet, but I’m sure they are all just as
wonderful!
Here’s a
couple more examples of what I mean:
“You are on the right path.
Listen more to Me, and less to your doubts. I am leading you along the way I designed
just for you. Therefore, it is a lonely
way, humanly speaking. But I go before you
as well as alongside you, so you are never alone. Do not expect anyone to understand fully My
ways with you, any more than you can comprehend My dealings with others. I am revealing to you the path of Life day by
day, and moment by moment. As I said to
My disciple Peter, so I repeat to you: Follow
Me.”
“When something in your life or thoughts makes you anxious,
come to Me and talk about it. Bring Me
your prayer and petition with
thanksgiving, saying ‘Thank You, Jesus, for this opportunity to trust You
more.’ Though the lessons of trust that
I send to you come wrapped in difficulties, the benefits far outweigh the
cost. Well-developed trust will bring
you many blessings, not the least of which is My Peace. I have
promised to keep you in perfect Peace
to the extent that you trust in Me.
The world has it backwards, teaching that peace is the result of having
enough money, possessions, insurance, and security systems. My
Peace, however, is such an all-encompassing gift that it is independent of all
circumstances. Though you lose
everything else, if you gain My Peace you are rich indeed.”
See what I
mean?? How much more amazing could that be??
Reading truth and hearing
truth and seeing truth unfold in my
life teaches me more about God than just one of these three things
happening. Each method helps me trust
and move forward more.
Shew!!! God
is so amazing!!! I can’t say much more
than that right now.
No comments:
Post a Comment