Tuesday, March 5, 2013

Lent Day 21: Provision

Throughout the day, I have been reminded of God’s provision in my life as well as in the life of my friends.  It really is true that God is always fighting for His children.  He loves us and blesses us continually.  He truly does hear our prayers, even the ones we utter not as prayers but as desires.  He hears them all.  When we bring our petitions to Him and delight ourselves in Him, He gives us the desires of our heart.  There is no greater feeling than to know that we are all loved that much. 

As I think about the next three months of my life, I am nervous.  Classes end in less than two months.  The Comprehensive Osteopathic Medical Licensing Examination (COMLEX) is three months from this Thursday.  After that, I’ll be moving out of my apartment even though I don’t know how I’m going to get everything home or where I’m going to put it.  It is a little scary to think of all the studying, tests, labs, and review courses that will take place from now until June 7.  At times, it feels quite overwhelming.  But within me, I know that the Lord will provide. 

He will not only provide, but He will lead me in the right direction.  It is my choice, however, to choose either to follow His direction or go my own way.  Life really is much easier when I choose to follow Him.  Sometimes making that decision is difficult though because my mind is pulling in one direction while my spirit is pulling in another. 

I am still learning how to discern the Spirit from the flesh, but it is getting easier.  It is a process just like everything else, but I know God will provide during this time of learning. 

He is Jehovah Jireh, our provider.  And He will never let His children down.  That is something in which I am absolutely confident.

No comments:

Post a Comment