Saturday, March 9, 2013

Lent Day 25: Soaking It In

know the past few blogs haven’t been super spiritual, but the past couple days have been a breath of fresh air.  It has been absolutely phenomenal to have my mama around.  After all, she is my best friend!  My heart has been bursting with joy ever since she arrived.  I just wish she didn’t have to go back home tomorrow.

Today she and I had quite an adventure.  We had planned to go shopping for running shoes and who knows what else.  After roaming around the mall for a bit, we went to Happy Hour at Sonic.  As there aren’t that many things to do in Harrogate and Middlesboro, Mama asked me what I wanted to do.  My mind immediately flipped to wedding dress shopping.

My only absolutely-must-have wish for wedding dress shopping was that Mama would be with me.  I knew that I would see her again over spring break, but today we were together and looking for something to do.  So off we went to store #1.  I found two dresses that I liked on the hanger.  One didn’t fit; the other fit, but it wasn’t what I was looking for.  The lady working there then sent us to the other branch of the same store. 

On the way to store #2, Mama told me that she believed when I found the dress, I would know it and would get a discount on it.  I agreed with her.  After all, we are blessed people.  Well at this second store, I found two more dresses to try on.  As soon as I saw the first one in the mirror, a smile lit up my face.  It fit like a glove and was beautiful!!  I couldn’t stop smiling.  It surprised me how much I liked the dress.  Mama could tell it too.  She even asked me if I was still going to try the other dress on!

I did still try on the second dress.  It was a couple sizes too big, but I still liked the style and design of the dress.  The first dress was more my style and taste . . . so I ended up putting it on again.  And once again, I stood in the mirror and stared at it.  I didn’t want to take it off.  I kept looking at Mama waiting for her to talk me out of it, but she didn’t.  Apparently she liked it too.

To make this story a bit shorter, I walked out of the store wedding dress in hand!  Mama bought my 50%-off dress for me.  J  Yes, you read that right.  It was 50% off!!  Mama was right about that discount too!!  God is so good!!!

After putting the dress in the car and leaving the store, I was still smiling.  Every time I thought about it, I started giggling.  Mama was laughing at me because I was so giddy.  She looked at me and said, “It’s feeling real, isn’t it?”  Yes ma’am!  It is definitely feeling real.  I’m still soaking it all in.

God is so unbelievably good!! He knew that dress was waiting for me even though I really didn’t expect to find a dress today.  It’s been a few hours now, and I’m still smiling.  January will be here before I know it!

No comments:

Post a Comment