Friday, March 8, 2013

Lent Day 24: Enjoyment

For the past 3 years, I have lived in Tennessee 5.5 hours away from my North Carolina home.  School prevents me from going home as often as I would like.  Well, this time, home came to me.

I left school around 7pm last night.  When I opened my car door, I noticed a picture of me and my mama sitting on the dash in front of the speedometer.  I immediately knew she was in town to surprise me.  I felt a giant smile cross my face and shrieked with joy.  As I quickly cranked the car and drove off, I was beyond excited to get back to my apartment and see my mama.  I parked in the driveway and literally ran to the door, leaving everything in my car.  When I opened the door, there she was!  Mama was here!!  It seriously was a much-needed bright spot in my day.

It was great to know someone was in the apartment this morning when I woke up.  Some days are really tough living here alone, but this morning, I had someone to talk to before I went to class.  It has been absolutely wonderful to spend time with her today . . . and she’ll be here until Sunday!!

Tonight, Mama cooked dinner for me and some of my friends (yes, I helped).  It was great to sit here with Mama and my friends for a night of enjoyment.  I have great expectations for the weekend.  I know Mama and I both will be enjoying our time together.

Today, I have been extremely thankful that Mama is here to spend time with me.  It may be time for bed now.  She’s falling asleep on a frog pillow pet covered up in a Snuggie.  J  I love my mama.

No comments:

Post a Comment