Tuesday, March 26, 2013

Lent Day 41: Heart

Here I sit beside Mama watching television.  It's the first time I've been home in a little over 2 months.  It's silly to me how I was itching to get out of this town when I was in high school.  It's really not as bad of a town as it seemed them.  I still don't want to live here for the rest of my life, but I really do enjoy coming back from time to time to see family.  Knowing that I don't live here anymore is probably part of the fun in it.  I know that I will leave soon and am not stuck here.

Home is where the heart is.  At least that's the popular saying.  I do believe it is true.  I love going to Tyler's hometown, and I can see myself living there.  I enjoy coming to my hometown also, but I know this is not where I'm supposed to live.  More of my heart lies in Tyler's hometown than my own now. 

I guess this is all a part of becoming an adult.  My life is in the process of changing since I'll be married in a few months.  It is sometimes hard to believe that I am an adult and am actually planning my wedding.  But I know the timing is right.  That has definitely been confirmed more than a few times. 

Once I let God have control of my heart, He was able to mend and heal it.  It was then that I was able to enter into a relationship that God had already been preparing both me and Tyler for.  God knew what He was doing long before either of us did.  God still has my heart, but Tyler also has it.  God planned it that way.  And in a few months, Tyler really will be home to me.  It is amazing to look back and see where God had His hand in this relationship continuously over the past 7 years.  I know it will continue to get sweeter as the years continue to pass.

Now that I've rambled, it's time to end.  God is still writing a beautiful story with me and Tyler.  My heart has been healed by the Father and given to a man whom God prepared for me.  I could never be thankful enough that God placed us together.

No comments:

Post a Comment